History of the Clow Creek Farm

A Brief Look at the Naperville Clow Farm

1850’s Clow Creek Farm Residence

The Clow family’s original residence on Clow Creek Farm was built around the 1850s. The home was made out of rough-cut limestone brought from Joliet. This home was a 1.5 story home where the upstairs was used as a residence and downstairs was used for cattle and livestock. The Clow’s lived this way until a separate barn could be built for livestock. Limestone from this building has been reserved for a monument commemorating the Clow family, as well as give to the Naperville Heritage Society.

Original Clow Creek Barn

Clow Creek Farm’s first dedicated dairy barn was built in the 1850s. It was made out of the same rough-cut limestone brought from Joliet, and used for livestock and as a milk barn. Limestone from this building has been reserved for a monument commemorating the Clow family, as well as give to the Naperville Heritage Society.

1939 Clow Farm Dairy Barn

The dairy barn was built in 1939 with a limestone foundation. In contrast to the earlier building, the beams & supports were machine cut. Over the years expansions, upgrades and annexes were added, bringing it to what you see pictured. All American Reclaim was kind enough to partner with us in recycling a large part of this building.